Spring Vegetable and Goat Cheese Frittata
This Spring Vegetable & Goat Cheese Frittata is packed full of fresh garden veggies and melted cheese.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini cut in half and chopped
- 1/2 lb. asparagus spears chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion sliced thinly
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup Fontina cheese (or any mild cheese), grated
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil (about 8 large leaves)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 4 oz goat cheese log, very cold (put in freezer while preparing everything)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and beat well. Add cheese, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and thyme; whisk well to combine; set aside.
- In a medium ovenproof* skillet sprayed with non-stick spray, add onions, zucchini, and asparagus pieces; sauté over medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and zucchini is browned.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and stir once or twice to combine with vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat, without stirring.
- Cut goat cheese into 1/2-inch slices and place on top of the frittata. Transfer skillet to the oven. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Slice and serve