Market Certified 100% Homegrown Program
Because the Freight House Farmers’ Market allows both homegrown and brokered produce, and because it is clear that customers are oftentimes confused about differentiating between the two, the Market Board has initiated this program as a service to customers. Vendors participating in the program agree to go above and beyond in order to earn this designation. Expectations of qualifying vendors include:
1. Growing fresh garden produce. Honey, meats, and other food and non food products will not qualify
at this time.
2. Pledging that all the produce they sell will be homegrown by the vendor/ farm.
3. Allowing a seasonal inspection conducted by another member of the program.
4. Conducting an inspection of another member of the program.
5. Several members should sit on a Homegrown Program Committee in order to communicate with the Board of Directors and to administrate the program. All decisions are subject to board oversight and approval.
6. Participants will receive a sign from market. It is expected that the vendor display the sign. If a participant wishes to sell brokered produce they must withdraw from the program. Not putting the sign out does not make reselling allowable within the program.
List of Homegrown Vendors – Vendor Space Number
|Augie Acres/Augustana College||Wednesday only|
|Beacon Woods Farm and Flowers||119|
|Camp Creek Farm & Orchard||78|
|Cravers’ Little Red Barn||55|
|The Fed Fox||230|
|Fulton Family Farms||TBA|
|Heilmann Hawkeye Acres||84|
|Hermanson Family Farm||Sunday|
|Kurts Green Acres/Little Red Barn||43|
|Little Indian Microfarm||168|
|Loom Woven Rugs||70|
|Mad Farmers’ Garden||72|
|My Turkey Hollow Twilight Zone||139|
|Never Dun Farm||53|
|Pickle Creek Herbs||29|
|Rockingham Hollow Farm LLC||TBA|
|Sowing Seed Urban Farm||187|
Find the Home Grown Vendors on the Vendor Map
Open Year Round!
2019 Freight House Summer Hours Thru October
Wednesday – 4-8
Saturday – 8-1
October thru December
Join our Mailing List...