Market Certified 100% Homegrown Program
Because the Freight House Farmers’ Market allows both homegrown and brokered produce, and because it is clear that customers are oftentimes confused about differentiating between the two, the Market Board has initiated this program as a service to customers. Vendors participating in the program agree to go above and beyond in order to earn this designation. Expectations of qualifying vendors include:
1. Growing fresh garden produce. Honey, meats, and other food and non food products will not qualify
at this time.
2. Pledging that all the produce they sell will be homegrown by the vendor/ farm.
3. Allowing a seasonal inspection conducted by another member of the program.
4. Conducting an inspection of another member of the program.
5. Several members should sit on a Homegrown Program Committee in order to communicate with the Board of Directors and to administrate the program. All decisions are subject to board oversight and approval.
6. Participants will receive a sign from market. It is expected that the vendor display the sign. If a participant wishes to sell brokered produce they must withdraw from the program. Not putting the sign out does not make reselling allowable within the program.
List of Homegrown Vendors – Vendor Space Number
Due to Covid-19 our list of participating vendors varies. We will tentatively open at full capacity in early June. Please check back for updates as the situation continues to change.