Market Certified 100% Homegrown Program
Because the Freight House Farmers’ Market allows both homegrown and brokered produce, and because it is clear that customers are oftentimes confused about differentiating between the two, the Market Board has initiated this program as a service to customers. Vendors participating in the program agree to go above and beyond in order to earn this designation. Expectations of qualifying vendors include:
1. Growing fresh garden produce. Honey, meats, and other food and non food products will not qualify
at this time.
2. Pledging that all the produce they sell will be homegrown by the vendor/ farm.
3. Allowing a seasonal inspection conducted by another member of the program.
4. Conducting an inspection of another member of the program.
5. Several members should sit on a Homegrown Program Committee in order to communicate with the Board of Directors and to administrate the program. All decisions are subject to board oversight and approval.
6. Participants will receive a sign from market. It is expected that the vendor display the sign. If a participant wishes to sell brokered produce they must withdraw from the program. Not putting the sign out does not make reselling allowable within the program.
List of Homegrown Vendors – Vendor Space Number
|Loom Woven Rugs||69|
|Camp Creek Farm & Orchard||78|
|Mad Farmers’ Garden||72|
|Beagle Creek Farm||53|
|Augie Acres/Augustana College||9|
|Beacon Woods Farm and Flowers||119|
|Pyle’s Melon Farm||TBA|
|Kurts Green Acres/Little Red Barn||43|
|Cravers’ Little Red Barn||55|
|Oak Hill Acres||97|
|Heilmann Hawkeye Acres||84|
|Rockingham Hollow Farm LLC||136|
|Sowing Seed Urban Farm||187|
|My Turkey Hollow Twilight Zone||215|
Find the Home Grown Vendors on the Vendor Map
Open Year Round!
Open May 5 – October 30
Sat 8am-1pm, Sun 10am-2pm,
Open Year Round
Join our Mailing List...