Canine Good Citizen Program
Your dog is welcome at the FHFM if he is a canine good citizen. Your dog must be sociable to people and other dogs to shop at the market. The Market is not the place to train your dog.
- Dogs must be current on all vaccinations and meet municipal requirements.
- Dogs must be kept on a short (3 ft or less), non-retractable leather or nylon leash. No exceptions.
- Keep your dog under control and by your side always. Jumping on, licking, or aggressive behavior toward other people will result in the customer being required to leave the market.
- Aggressive behavior, barking, and growling are signs of a dog that is stressed. Owners of dogs who fight will be asked to immediately remove their dog from the market.
- Aggressive behavior from dog owners towards market staff, vendors, or other customers will not be tolerated either, and may result in both the dog AND the owner being asked to leave the premises.
- Keep dogs away from produce, plants, and other food products. Food safety is a key issue to local food producers. Please control the head and the rear of the dog while visiting vendor’s stalls.
- Not everyone is a dog lover: Be considerate.
- Come prepared to clean up after your dog! Bags are in locations in and near the building.
- If a dog is not behaving in accordance with these rules, the market staff will to ask that the owner to remove the dog immediately.
- No other pets will be allowed.
- Service animals with documentation are welcome