Fall Harvest Day
A special day at the market for our active seniors. Activities and prizes. Bring your shopping bags and dancing shoes! KIX Orchestra on Stage 10-12
Children’s Book Readings by the Book Fairy
On the grass near the playground. Story times are 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30.
July 7- The Beach
July 28- Ice Cream
August 25- Back To School
Sept 1- Cats
Sept 8- Apples
Oct 6- Dogs
Oct 20- Pumpkins
Motors at the Market
Sundays in the Market just got a whole lot cooler!
Come see classic, new and one-of-a-kind cars.
May 20, June 17, July 29, August 12, September 23.
Each month we will feature a new chef with his/her own unique menu based on produce and meats that are in-season. Tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased here. June 16, Chef Kyle Verschorre – Scott Community College: View Menu and PURCHASE TICKETS August 25th Chef Josh Loete – Front Street Brewery October 6th Chef Carrie Hilman – Freight House Farmers Market
Radish Healthy Living Fair 2018
Visit us for the Radish Healthy Living Fair this June 16th.
The 12th annual Healthy Living Fair is a celebration of local and natural foods, health and fitness, community organizations and environmental stewardship. Presented by Radish magazine, a monthly publication of the Moline Dispatch Publishing Co., it will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Admission is free.
Davenport RAGBRAI Committee announced the route the cyclists will take from Blue Grass to the Mississippi River. It is a different route from 2011 and 2015 leading to River Drive. The dip site is at the Marquette Street boat ramp. Riders will then be directed to the Downtown Davenport Street Fest, expanded Freight House Farmers Market, and RAGBRAI Village in LeClaire Park to continue the celebration.
“We would like to encourage residents along the RAGBRAI route to cheer on the cyclists as they complete the 428-mile, week-long ride,” says City of Davenport Mayor Frank Klipsch.
Each town is asked to create its own logo separate from the official RAGBRAI logo. The Davenport RAGBRAI Committee releases its logo today along with the theme of Made It Here! Alex Salaverria, Downtown Davenport Partnership, designed and created the logo
RAGBRAI®Kids Art Contest
RAGBRAI® sponsors a kid’s art contest for students in kindergarten through 5th grade. Davenport is the ending town for this year’s ride across Iowa for 20,000 cyclists arriving on July 28. Our community’s winner will go on to be entered in the statewide contest with the grand prize winner receiving $350.
- Davenport’s theme of “Made It Here!” must be incorporated into the artwork.
- Artwork should be no larger than 11” x 14”.
- The artwork can be drawings (crayon, marker, pencil, etc.), paintings (finger paints, watercolors, etc.), or sculptures (clay, paper maché, etc.).
- Written on the back or securely attached to the artwork must include the following: first and last name, age, grade, school, home address, phone number, and parent/guardian name.
- Artwork may be brought to the Downtown Davenport Visitor Center, located inside the RiverCenter South, 2nd & Perry St. entrance, Davenport, IA. Artwork may be brought during regular business hours by Friday, June 1. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
- The chosen winner will be contacted by June 8.
- The winning student will receive a “Made It Here Davenport” t-shirt and prizes.
A photo of the winner’s artwork will be placed on www.davenportragbrai.com and sent to local media. Artwork entered will be displayed July 24-29 at the Figge Art Museum in Davenport. Participants can pick up their artwork at the Downtown Davenport Visitor Center during regular business hours on July 31-August 3. Any artwork left after August 3 will be discarded.
Questions? Please contact Jessica Waytenick, Davenport RAGBRAI Committee Publicity Chair at 309-736-6827 or email@example.com.
Open Year Round!
Open May 5 – October 28
Sat 8-1, Sun 10-2, Wed 8-1
Open Year Round
Sat 8-1, Sun 10-2, Wed 8-1